
What a Great Thanksgiving! Let me start out by telling you all what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving! First and foremost I am thankful for family and friends. This Thanksgiving would not have been possible without them. I am thankful for my sweet, sweet husband(I LOVE HIM), I am thankful for a shelter overhead, I am thankful for a job that pays the bills, I am thankful for the Gospel, I am thankful for Great food and with that I am grateful for the ability to cook. I am so grateful for so many things!
We really had a Great Thanksgiving day! I woke up early and headed up to Beverly Hills where we were going to spend the day. Thank you Amanda and Sam! We started some biscuits and gravy, fruit and juice for breakfast and after that everyone else trickled in. We had about 11 people to share the day with including Drew's brother Scott and sister Sarah. It was so Great to have them there. Then we started preparing the Turkey's for dinner. This was my first year ever helping with the dinner. I will be honest I was really nervous. I had no clue how anything would turn out, I was praying constantly, hoping nothing would go wrong. We were making 2 Turkeys just in case. We had a lot of people there. While we were waiting for the Turkeys to cook, we watched the parade, hung out, chatted and made some other dishes. We had checked the Turkeys a couple times and they ended up being done earlier then we expected. So we finished all the other dishes and then sat down to a beautiful table. It was so nice and it really felt like home when we started to eat. The food was all so familiar even though there were lots of hands making it. The dinner ended up tasting really good. I am so thankful for all the help and willingness from everyone else to be a part of such a great day. After dinner we went around the table and said things we were grateful for. It was such a nice way to end the dinner. After that we played a wicked game of American Idol Karaoke and then ate some great pie and desserts. Then some people went hot tubbing and others just chatted and then the day was pretty much over. It was so nice and enjoyable! Thanks again everyone for all the hard work and fun that we were able to have. This Thanksgiving will be remembered forever! Hope you all had a Great Thanksgiving!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Thanksgiving!
Posted by Sarah at 3:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Sounds wonderful! Happy holidays!
Glad you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving!
It was delicious. Thanks for organizing everything and getting it all put together so well. The turkey was so delicious that we ate all of our leftovers the next day!
Scott said he didn't want to come back. I was so jealous that he got to hang out with you guys. I hope to see you next time your in town.
Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you guys had a good one. We missed you! But I ate an extra helping of your dad's yams for ya! ;)
I am jealous! Our thanksgiving wasn't that exciting --- nice, but not exciting. I would have loved to play the American Idol Karoke. I live for that stuff (in case you couldn't tell after tonight's bunko night). Hee, hee, hee!!!
Post a Comment