Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Weekend Fun!

I wanted to post yesterday, but never found time. So here you go! We had a pretty eventful weekend. I will start from the very beginning. Friday we had some of Drew's high school friends over for games and treats. We played till about 1 in the morning. It was so fun and enjoyable. If you have never played the game Curses, it really is one of the funnest games I have ever played! Thanks guys for an enjoyable evening. Lets do it again soon!

Then Saturday, I woke up and made cinnamon rolls and we ate that and had orange juice while watching Conference! This last conference was so amazing and unforgettable. Then Drew left to help his brother shoot a movie for his singles ward, while I stayed home and did laundry and watch the second session of conference. After that, I headed over to help out with the movie and I got to throw an egg at his brother's face. Who wouldn't want to do that? Then we bought KFC and had a picnic in our living room. Then Drew and our upstairs neighbor went to Priesthood session while I, the girl upstairs and her friends went to Deseret book. I know somewhat embarrassing, but every time I go to those I end up winning something. I got two books that are supposedly pretty good. So it ended up being really fun, and they had cookies which was a great thing. Then we headed home and had a Surprise Birthday Party for our landlord and friend that lives upstairs. It was just the four of us and one of their friends, but it was really fun!




Then Sunday we went over to Drew's parents, made a German Pancake, Drew's family calls it Yorkshire Pudding, we found out that Drew's sister Sarah got accepted to an Art school in New York, which is a pretty big deal, Congratulations! And we watched probably the best two sessions of conference I have ever watched and listened to. I mean they are all good, but this particular time I have never felt the spirit so strong! Who thinks that Pres. Monson is so Awesome! What a fun change! I will never forget Pres. Hinckley and how cute and great of a Prophet he was. Pres. Monson sure does bring something unique to the table though. What a Great man we have to learn from in the years to come. I am so excited!


So last, I hope it is ok to talk about this, I just wanted to share my feelings on this certain situation! If it is not ok, please let me know and I will change it. But I just wanted to let Drew's sister and brother-in-law know that I am so Grateful for their example to Drew and I! They have adopted a very cute little baby from some very amazing people. The baby was born on Friday and the birth parents had the baby for the last couple days over the weekend. Now the baby is in the arms of her adopted parents who I know will take such Great care of her and teach her great things. As some of you know, Drew and I have been trying to get pregnant and being able to see first hand how adoption works, it has made it easier on us to see them go through this experience. I know words cannot describe how hard it has been, and how hard it would be for anyone to go through this, but to know and see the outcome is amazing. I know that the Lord had his hand in this particular situation! I hope that they know how dearly we love them and pray for their happiness! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys, we are here to help! Hope everyone else had a Great weekend!

8 comments:

e.g. said...

Oooh! How exciting! I didn't know Sarah got into art school. I read her blog all the time and didn't see anything about that. And I didn't realize the other sister had adopted a baby. How very exciting! Thanks for sharing their news...I'm kind of an AC junkie, so I love reading their blogs! I'm glad someone's sharing the details since they aren't. Now I know where to go for the best information. I'm so glad I found your blog.

Marianne said...

Conference really was great! Couldn't agree with you more!

Jaimee said...

I thought it was amazing to see President Monson step into the role as Prophet so well. I wouldn't expect less, of course, but I can't really remember the prophent before President Hinckley. It was a powerful conference. Sarah, you are such a sweet person! I just wanted you to know that. I want to be more like you.

Jessica Adams said...

Sar-
Justin's cousin adopted an adorable little girl a couple years ago and found out just a couple months after getting her that they were pregnant! So they have two BEAUTIFUL little girls that are very close in age. The Lord really does have plans for each of us.
Whether or not we are able to have our own babies, we plan on adopting. It is amazing! :)

the Bartlett fam said...

Hey Sarah (and Drew, I suppose), I started a blog finally! newsofthebartlettkind.blogspot.com-- come check it out sometime. Sarah, do you work at the Saturn dealership down next to UVSC and Walmart? I interviewed for a job right next to there today- if I get it, we could have lunch together or something1

Erin Webster said...

Hey! I got your comment on our blog and I'll totally "invite" you to ours! We love Peder! Your blog is great by the way!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Pres. Monson totally seemed like a prophet at conference.
I wish the best for you. I know you will be a good mom. You have a kind spirit about you.

Saysha said...

Sare! I came across your blog and I was so excited to see ya! That picture of you two at the top is cute...I miss seeing ya around! Hope life is going well for ya!