Friday, February 20, 2009

Icing On The Cake


We had an exciting evening with the missionaries in our ward Elder Wilson and Elder France. First, they came for dinner that Sarah made, then we went with them to a teaching appointment. It was with a less-active woman and her non-member daughter. They were so welcoming to us into their home and we had a very spiritual discussion. It was awesome.

Then...

As Sarah and I were discussing our evening, we were walking down the hall of our building towards our apartment. In one of our neighbors door was their keys, still in the lock. So Sarah, being the good Samaritan that she is, softly knocked on the door. We could hear some voices inside but then a guy came close to the door and asked, "Who the f*** is at my door?" Sarah stops and looks at me and timidly lets out, "Uh...your keys...are in...your door..." The guy opens the door, and I recognized him from the building, he's a young guy and he grabs his keys, but then sees who were are. He instantly apologizes to us, repeating that he would never talk to his neighbors like that, but we laughed and he started to laugh a little but he was so embarrassed. We laughed pretty hard as we got inside. That was a great little cap to our great evening.

So the philosophical lesson is this: ask yourself, who is knocking on your door, because whoever it is might have good news to where your keys are.

Yes...keys...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw someone's keys in their car the other day, but I was in no position to stop and find the person to let them know.
At least there's someone out there who would be a good enough Samaritan.

Annie said...

This story is particularly poignant to me because a few weeks ago we had gone shopping in the early afternoon. then that night (like, six hours later) I was desperately looking for my keys and couldn't find them anywhere. We happened to open our door and found them just sitting in the lock. In Taylorsville! I wish I'd had a good Samaritan Sarah to come by and let me know...it was a miracle that they weren't stolen.

Dawna said...

We had dinner with Sarah's Mom and she told us of some other Sarah the Samaritan stories. Don't let California change you sweetie. We do not need one less good Samaritan in the world.

Michelle Woj said...

Good lesson! I could just picture Sarah getting yelled at by some crazy... How sad! I would've given that guy a roundhouse kick to the face!