Drew and I moved out to sunny southern California. Can you believe it? We sure can't! To give you the exact dates, I moved out here on Aug. 28th 2008 and Drew followed on Sept. 2nd 2008. We didn't realize it till the day of and we are both shocked! The year has gone by so fast and we have been through so much. To recap what has happened in the last year, when I got out here, we both did not have a job or a place to live. In my first day of looking I thankfully was able to land a job and a place to live before Drew moved all of our earthly possessions out here. We had a hard first couple of months with just me working and Drew interning. From the bottom of our hearts we are so grateful for our families and friends who supported us and helped us out so much during that time and even now with emails and phone calls. After much hardship we were so grateful that Drew was able to get a job on the Warner Brothers Lot as a tour guide. I on the other hand wasn't enjoying my job, so I started a 4 month search and finally was blessed with a desk job as an assistant. Now in a week I will be starting as a nanny for an awesome family. I am really excited and thankful for this new opportunity. We are still living in the same place and we are loving the ward we have been in. We have made so many great friends and we are so grateful for every one's love and support.
We decided we should celebrate our year mark, so what does anyone do to celebrate out here in California? GO TO DISNEYLAND! That is exactly what we did, thanks to Britt and Wayne for the passes. We had so much fun! We got there at about 8 went on a bunch of rides, ate a great lunch, and then sadly our old selves couldn't handle the rides anymore after about 3 in the afternoon. So we headed home and we then celebrated again with a nice homemade gourmet dinner.
Walking to Disneyland!
I wanted both of us to get a picture here, that is why I am so happy!
Haunted Mansion
Drew's first and last time on Small World!
Headed in so Happy!
All right, get us out of here, and we honestly had about 10 more min.
I think he'll be all right! We got a good lunch after that to make ourselves feel better.
Climbing the Tarzan tree house. Really cool!
Trying to get a picture in front of a sign that says 'and they lived Happily ever after' Oh well!
Again we are so grateful for all who have come to visit, support, and help us get through this exciting year. We feel and know that this is where we need to be. We love you all so much and can't wait for another exciting year. Who knows what could happen.......
Thursday, September 3, 2009
One year ago........
Posted by Sarah at 10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so jealous! I love disneyland! The Small World pictures made me laugh. The last time I was there, we went on small world when we needed a little break from walking. But the music starts to get to you pretty quick.
Who goes to Disneyland and leaves at 3 in the afternoon?! I'm going to have to give you a hard time about this when I see you at church tomorrow!
Wow, that did go by really fast. You are still missed.
Shayla
Sarah! Congratulations. That is so exciting. I have been to Disneyland, but I don't remember small world. I will keep in mind to not go. You and Drew need to come over for dinner. Let me know when you guys are available.
Post a Comment