Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Labor Day Visitors

This post is a little late, but we had too much fun and took some fun picture's while we had some friends in town. Over Labor day Annie and Roo our friends from Utah came to spend some time. The main reason was they bought us tickets for the John Williams concert they go to every year. It was at the amazing Hollywood Bowl. It was so awesome. Drew has always been a BIG fan of John Williams and all of his music, especially Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and many more. It was so much fun, we'll never forget the experience. Thank you! Oh and if you look closely, you'll see Drew's fashionable mustache. Ew!





On Labor Day we all decided to head up north to a little Danish town called Solvang, just past Santa Barbara. It was such a cute, quaint, and fun little town. We ate at a fun little restaurant serving Aebelskiver's, basically little pancakes. Then we walked around and looked in a few shops. It was a long drive, but very worth it!







The next day Drew had to work, so Annie, Roo, and I headed out to the L.A. County Fair. All I have to say is WOW! It was SO HOT, tons of people, and lots of fried food. We basically walked from shopping center to shopping center trying to keep cool. Its fun to experience once! The only picture's I got were of the traffic on the way there and then a cool way of advertising new TV shows.



Most of the weekend we stayed up late playing card games and watching Lord of the Rings and just catching up on old times. Thank you so much for a fun weekend Annie and Roo. Hope all is well with you and we can't wait for our next visit!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Um - I am so jealous.

I am a total John Williams geek - infact, my kids can guess the name of any John Williams song within the first few beats of the song.

I have a problem.

Glad to see you are having some fun out there!!

Jaimee said...

I love John Williams! And I liked your Halloween post-I just checked it out. The little video at the end gave me chills! Awesome! Did the celebrity houses give out cool candy? I had a neighbor that gave out a box of six Krispy Kreme donuts to each child one year. Crazy.

Erin said...

You look great! I walked past your old place the other day and it made me miss you. :( I'm glad things are going well for you two!

Annie said...

I'll never forget the way the asphalt at the county fair felt like it was going to burn my face off...maybe next time we could just go to the beach :)

Hope you're practicing your Nertz game!