I always try to convince Sarah that when she explains to people that she meets where she works to say, "I work at Saturn...the dealership, not the planet." I've had some success with the joke but, alas, Sarah has not...one day she will master its comedic timing...
Anywho- we bought a new car. Its a very strange feelings in that:
A) We no longer have the Hyundai, the car that I drove all through high school, which my parents graciously offered me when I came home from my mission. True, the car was past its prime and needed to be put down, but its a little sad.
2) We had to go through all the hoops of paperwork to get it done and decide what we really wanted to add or not add to the car. Assessing whether your car will be stolen within the next few years is a hard decision especially if it means by not adding a certain feature you'll save a couple hundred bucks. Hmm. A strange experience indeed.
But the car has On Star, which is really nice and XM Radio with the best radio station ever created: Cinemagic. It plays movie soundtracks ALL DAY. Unfortunately for me I don't get to drive the car to work. I get the Camry, which not too long ago was the "nice car" but compared to our Aura, now it is the "not as good as the Aura" car.
But overall, we got a good deal, we love the car, and plan to run that thing to the ground. And Dixie likes it, which is really important.
Monday, July 7, 2008
...the dealership not the planet...
Posted by Sarah at 4:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Congrats on the new car!!!
Sweet! You're living the high life!
Congrats!
Congrats!! Enjoy the new car!
YEA! New cars are the best! Especially the smell of them! That is great for you two!
I am still laughing about the joke. That's a good one! It looks so nice and it has XM radio what a deal.
You really ARE crazy ole Champions!
Don't you just love new cars?!?! That one looks sooooooo nice. And XM Radio?! WOW! I can't wait to see it in person! You'll have to drive it on over to West Point sometime soon.
What a smokin cool car! Now I can't get the..."don't you want to drive a saturn...saturn..." song out of my head!
Nice car! I am jealous. Both of our cars need to be put down, but we will drive them to the end! Hey, Sarah, I need to get your address. I am having a Lia Sophia party on Tuesday and it would be a good excuse to see you. But if you would rather not drive all the way to Santaquin, we should meet in the middle sometime. I have taken over Jeff's phone and I don't know if you have the number. Let me know. I just really want to see you sometime!
Post a Comment