Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Exciting Update!!!

What a crazy couple of weeks. I have wanted to post about so many things but haven't had the time or the energy to do so, so be ready for a long post cause here it comes.

So as you know from a previous post we bought a new car and I was a stress case about it, but I LOVE IT! So thank you Saturn!
Also that weekend we were able to get in some friend time with Drew's friends. I headed over to our friends Eric and Catherine's at about 2:30 that Saturday and baby sat for them till about 5. We were so excited about our new car that we took there little girl Riley for a ride in it. She wasn't as excited about all the buttons as we were but she enjoyed the cool AC. Then we headed back and had a BBQ and Swim Party. Thank you Catherine and Eric for a fun evening. Oh and we also played the Wii for the first time, thanks to Drew's other friends Melanie and Tyler and their cute son Kyson, we had a blast.

Then Sunday we went up to help Drew's sister Meg with the kids while her husband Jeff was out of town. It was fun to be back in Farmington and back to the old ward.

So now for the 4th of July activities. I got off early on Thursday and drove by the parade route in Provo to see if anyone had started putting things out. I was surprised to see there were actually a lot of people out before 3, so I instantly worried because we were wanting to get a spot the next morning on center street. So I got online and checked for the rules of the parade. You could set stuff out on University Avenue in Provo at 3pm on the 3rd, and on Center Street in Provo at 5am on the 4th. So we were ok, we thought. Well again me being a stress case, tried to go to bed early but couldn't fall asleep till about 11pm from anxiety, and then I was wide awake at 1:30am. So I got up, got ready and I swear I heard lots of people heading out there, so then I woke Drew up at 3am and we headed over to the parade route at 3:30am. Yes, you may call us crazy. But don't think we were the only ones out there, there were a lot of people, but you couldn't put anything down till about 4:30. So anyway, the parade was fun and then after that we wanted to come home and take a nap, but we went over for a good lunch at his parent's and then I had to go into work for about an hour, and then we headed over to his Aunt and Uncle's house for a Great BBQ and Drew's family always does a Crazy, Awesome firework show, so thank you so much everyone for all the Great food and entertainment. It was such a fun weekend. Picture's are coming soon from all the fun things that have happened!

Then this last weekend was Farmington Festival Days! We try and make it up there every year for that because it helps me to feel like I am still a member of Farmington. Well Drew had Comedy Sportz Friday night till midnight so we got up early Saturday morning and headed up to Farmington for the parade. We were able to watch it with Meg, Jeff, their niece Ashley, and the kids. This one wasn't as crazy as Provo's but it was somewhat more enjoyable. Then we headed out for lunch with one of my old friends, Brittney and Wade, thanks for a fun afternoon guys, lets do it again soon! Then we headed over to my Dad's place and took a nap and then helped my Dad and JoAnn put up new stairs to their porch. I got to paint while Drew supervised the whole thing. Then Sunday we went to church and then just relaxed the rest of the day. Its nice to veg once in a while. But thanks family for a fun weekend. I am so grateful to have family and friends so close to share the holidays and other fun weekends with.

Which brings me to my last comment which might not come as a huge shock, but to some it may. So make sure you are sitting for this one. Drew and I have been struggling in trying to figure out what to do with our lives ever since he got done with school. What kind of job he should get and is he going to get paid enough and have enough hours. So after much fasting and praying, we have made the decision to move out to Los Angeles, California in late Aug. Yes, you heard it right. Drew and I are going to try and make it in the movies in L.A. I know you hear about people doing this a lot, but if Drew didn't have such passion and drive and if I wasn't such a Great supportive wife, who will be working also, tooting my own horn, HE HE, we wouldn't be doing this. We feel so good about this decision, and we are so excited. But we are also so sad and scared because this is a big move for us and we have cried many nights thinking about leaving our family and friends. But we know this is the right thing for us, even if we are only out there a few months or a few years. It will be a Great experience either way. So come on out and visit us anytime. Thank you to all our friends who have supported us so far and a BIG thanks to our Family who also supports and trusts us in this decision. We Love you so much and we will miss you Greatly. So stay tune all you blog stalkers, for some exciting or maybe not so exciting times. Here we come Los Angeles, hope your ready!

22 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

How exciting!! We've loved California! Prep yourself for a land of dreams! Everyone really does come out here with big dreams!

There's a lady in our ward who did the Hollywood thing. She's awesome! Not famous or anything -- but she made a living!

We'll have to get together sometime!

Marianne said...

I was wondering when you were going to post about moving. I kinda had a feeling when you posted a comment on our blog. I'm so sad you going to live far away but you got to do what best for you! GOOD LUCK and I hope everything works out for the best for you!!!

Anonymous said...

SAR!! That's great! What an adventure! I didn't know that Drew did movie stuff...I guess I couldn't figured after the AWESOME BofM all star movie cast! LOVED IT! I guess I also didn't know cuz I've never met Drew! ha ha! Anyways I'm so excited for you! That will be such a great experience and I'm sure will only bring you two closer! Loves!

Michelle Woj said...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!? Congrats to you guys, that will be an awesome adventure! I would love to live there and just go celebrity spotting. ;) Holy cow! I can't believe you're actually doing it! Good luck! We will definitely have to come visit!

YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR BLOG UP TO DATE WHEN YOU'RE THERE! ;)

Megs said...

Good luck with the move! You two are crazy! Keep us updated.

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

Tell Brad and Angelina I said hello.

That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about life in the big city...

Meags said...

wow! that is soooo awesome! it definately came as a "shock" to me ... but then again ... i don't know much about you two ... just what i read on your blog:) but i am way excited for you! i know it will be a great experience! good luck with the move!

The Morty's said...

I hope you enjoy! You know you will be missed. At least we have your blog to keep up with you two

Annie said...

It's stressful, but it is also so exciting! This is gonna be a great year for you guys! I wish you both the very best!

Maybe we should have a hollywood-themed goodbye party for you guys. We could get plastic surgery (just kidding about that last part.)

TJ said...

I'm with annie about the party, but I think we SHOULD go the plastic surgery route.

Jaimee said...

That is awesome! I am jealous because you will be by the beach and Disneyland. We really need to get together at least once before you leave, before you are famous and pretend you don't know me!:) If anyone can make it out there, you guys can. Drew is a very talented guy.

Holdinator said...

That should be a heck of a lot of fun for both you guys. Good luck.

Becky said...

Hey Sarah! YAY, you're moving to our town!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Clark and I LOVE the Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys area and highly recommend living in this town. Nearly every member in our ward manages an apartment building and we LOVE our ward! So if you're looking for an LDS Apartment building live within the Sherman Oaks Ward boundaries and you have a pretty darn good chance of getting an LDS Apartment Manager. :)

The Andrews said...

You have such an eventful life, your always doing something fun! We will have to get together since we both now live in Cali!

Emily said...

How fun for you!! I think that it is great that you are actually doing what you want to do!! So many people are just to scared to jump in with both feet - you'll do awesome!! And then we can say we know someone famous in Hollywood!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is awesome. Good luck with everything and have fun with your adventure!

Carly said...

Wow! How exciting...you will have quite the memories!

Shelly said...

If you need a friend we're not too far. Congratulations. You'll love California. Good luck to you guys.

Michelle Woj said...

We should be around this weekend! We'll have to go swimming in our parents' new POOL. ;-)

the Bartlett fam said...

I'll say it again- I'm really happy for both of you. We'll miss you, but it is an awesome step to be taking. Good for you! Let's hope we go to dental school out there so we can live near each other again!

Courtney Vance said...

Hey lady, I'm so sad that you're moving but I'm really excited for you to start this new adventure. I can't imagine how crazy this must be for you guys! I hope you keep us updated and I hope this new change brings more than a new address and a new job;)

Kristen said...

We'll totally come visit you! It'll be fun!