Monday, May 12, 2008

Lindsey Spjute the Great!!!


This post goes out to our dear friend Lindsey Spjute who passed away this past weekend while serving a mission. I found out Sunday heading home from Mother's Day activities. It was such a shock, but at the same time a sense of peace came over me. My memories of Lindsey include Elementary school and her endless energy and enthusiasm for life. I remember always seeing her and Taralyn (Allen) together. They were inseparable throughout the school years. Junior High track and basketball. What great times! She was such a great example to me of choosing the right. High school memories include always seeing Spjute with her painted face for games, she was always out to support our High school teams and her boundless energy and true thought and service for the people around her. A couple memories that will live forever with me was first, our year Davis High school painted our "V" on the mountain, their school colors right after we had our Senior white wash. So the next day a group of us went up to paint it again and then guard it for a while. So I can't remember who all was up there, but Lindsey, I, and Troy M. stayed up there and built a little fort out of bricks to guard us from the sun and then wrote our initials with some white paint. The fort turned out pretty dang aweosome! Another memory was at Senior Late night party. When I first got there I was really tired and warn out, so I didn't feel like really doing much. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw Lindsey running around, no shoes on, trying to get all the activities in that she could. I ran over to her and decided to join. The rest of the night was spent literally running around getting into everything, hopefully I can get a picture of her and I from that night on here, our faces bright red from running around. She was always so giving and understanding. She helped me to forget myself and be aware of others around me. As I think of her today, the thoughts that keep running through my mind are that she is happy and she wants us to be happy for her. Her example to me will live on forever. She is a Great example of being Christ Like in any situation. To forget ourselves and help those around us. To never give up on our dreams and hopes. To always serve and love our neighbors. And to live our Religion to the fullest! I could go on and on! My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and her numberless friends. What an AMAZING person! Lindsey Spjute we love and miss you!

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Thanks for recounting your memories. I think we are all doing that right now! Spjute we be missed!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sar! You're making me cry cuz you're right Spjute was such a kind hearted person who I know everyone was really touched by her Christlike attitude and love for people. She was so fun to be around! Thanks for your tribute to her!

The Andrews said...

I love your tribute to Lindsey Sarah! She was a ray of light that would brighten everything and everyone around her!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Such an awesome tribute -- I love the picture. Seriously that crazy night seems like it was last week! How are we married and all mature now? What happened!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah and we had to change our blog to private so e-mail me your e-mail address to annalee.barrett@gmail.com!!!

Annie and Berkeley said...

What a perfect picture of you two! I love how it captures the moment so well. We all are going to miss Lindsey. What an incredible girl.