Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Something to eat when there's nothing to eat!

I really do not like to Grocery shop! So food in our house gets kind of scarce. So I try and find what we do have and try and make something with what is provided. These two meals are what I have come up with. They both turned out really good, just ask Drew. I will jot down the recipe's so y'all can try it sometime.



This is what I call Bean's and Rice!
(Not my own recipe, but I made it my own.)
All you need is
1 Can Black or Kidney Beans
1 Cup Cooked Rice
3/4 Cups Chunky Salsa
1 Tbs Cilantro
Optional Ingredients
Tortilla's
Cheese
Sour Cream

All you do is add all these ingredients into a frying pan and warm. You may eat it plain or prepare it as a bean and rice burrito with cheese. We had the vegetables and a lime from Meg, Drew's sister. It ended up being really good, we made it twice.

The next recipe everyone knows, but we made our own Garlic Bread. Here you are.




Spaghetti with Vegetables and Garlic Bread.

All you need for the Garlic Bread is,
Bread
Butter
Garlic Powder or Salt
Oregano

Put Butter, Garlic Powder, and Oregano on to your liking, put in the oven at 400 degrees and cook for 10 to 15 min.

So even when you don't think you have food, just look a little closer and you could make masterpieces, or so I think.

4 comments:

Jaimee said...

Wow, you even have limes on your cups! That's fancy. We never have limes! Looks delish. We will have to try it sometime.

Emily said...

Way to be creative!! If I haven't been to the grocery store, it is usually cold cereal or order a pizza!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Hey! Thanks for the ideas! I am in your situation right now. It seems there is no food in the pantry. At least none that is combineable. I will look closer thanks to your inspiring blog post.

TJ said...

I bet your beans and rice would be good with canned corn in it too. way to be creative.